Re: [gob-list] gstreamer and gob

From: alberto colombo <a.colombo_at_kingston.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:40:30 +0100

> I'm not that familiar with gstreamer, but if the pipeline elements are
> GObjects then you can extend them with gob like any other GObject. The
> gob manual explains this process.

indeed, but gstreamer is quite a complex piece of software: GstElement
extends GObject, but they use their own boilerplate, and have quite a
few mechanisms to get the element name and type registered in an XML
file.

I'm not sure of which function is an overriding method, and which one is
just a plain function with a gobject-like name. At the end of the day, I
get my code to compile, but it fails at runtime.

In particular, it is not clear to me how to use GOB in order to write a
custom *_base_init(gpointer) function.

Thanks
alberto