ANNOUNCE: gob2 2.0.14 the "Law of releases before holidays" release

From: George <jirka_at_5z.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 10:34:13 -0800

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

So quite apparently whenever a release is done before I go off somewhere for
a week or two a stupid bug appears. So this release has NO new features just
fixes a seqfault which I didn't catch but which is pretty evil. In fact this
segfault is so evil I had to authorize secret wiretaps (and different sort of
taps as well) of persons suspected of being related to the Al Segfault
organization. This way I can act like a responsible person instead of taking
blame for the failure to read patches properly.

So what is this gob thing? Well besides being the cure for cancer, it also
generates GObjects (or GTK+ objects). GOB2 is a replacement for the version
1 GOB, that was for GTK+ 1.x mostly. GOB2 can handle pretty much most of the
GObject features. At least most of the ones that anyone will ever use. It
only requires GLib 2.0 (or higher for some features) and can generate
arbitrary GObjects. You can have both versions installed at the same time if
you wish, but if anyone is still using gob version 1 and GTK+ 1.x, they
should get their head examined.

Here are the news in 2.0.14:

        * Evil segfault fixed
        * World saved and world peace ensured for generations to come
        * Some animals, including cute furry bunnies, have been harmed
          (actually brutually mutilated, burried and then their graves
          danced on) during the making of this release.

ftp://ftp.5z.com/pub/gob/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gob2/2.0/
http://www.5z.com/jirka/gob.html

Note: I no longer have fedora, so no rpms are built but the specfile is
included. Try it with "rpmbuild -ta gob2-...-tar.gz"

Have fun,

George

--
George <jirka_at_5z.com>
   The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds,