GCC 3.4 warnings

From: Stephane Konstantaropoulos <stephanek_at_brutele.be>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:21:02 +0200

Hello,

I just updated to gcc 3.4 and it gives lots of warnings when compiling.

I use gob2 2.0.9

Notably the finalize() bit, when I declare "destroywith
gtk_widget_destroy" it warns loud saying this:

lum-skin-textbox.gob: In function `___finalize':
lum-skin-textbox.gob:67: warning: function called through a non-
compatible type
lum-skin-textbox.gob:67: note: if this code is reached, the program will
abort

This does not look good, so I have to write the finalize function myself
with correct types and it goes.

Would it not be better to just avoid casting the "destroywith" function
and let the programmer use the right one for the type he is destroying?
GCC wil warn on a type mismatch there anyway.

What do you think?

Stephane