Re: [gob-list] problems with BOXED property.

From: George <jirka_at_5z.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 22:38:10 -0700

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 12:10:11AM +0200, Pierre Gay wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using gob2 and I try to use a BOXED property like this:
>
> private PackageBoxed *prop;
> property BOXED prop
> (nick="prop",
> blurb="prop",
> boxed_type=Package:Boxed,
> link
> );
>
> I encounter a compilation problem because gob produces C code
> (___object_set_property ()) for the property setter with "Package:Boxed"
> instead of "PackageBoxed" which of course is not recognized by gcc :)
>
> Did I do something wrong? Can you help me?

Sorry, a bug in gob! DOH! The old semantics was to use PACKAGE_TYPE_BOXED
instead of Package:Boxed in 2.0.0 and earlier, but that was inconsistent.
Using PACKAGE_TYPE_BOXED there should just still work (and will also work in
the future). I fixed this in CVS and will make a new version of gob
available to fix this.

George

--
George <jirka_at_5z.com>
   The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.