Re: [gob-list] signal referencing

From: BRUGUIER Nicolas <gandalfn_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: 11 Jan 2003 12:03:27 +0100

> Hmmm, the object should be referenced during the signal, the gobject signal
> code does that.
Ok no problem

> But it should dereference it after the signal emission is
> done.

My problem is here when the signal emission is done I not have
dereferencing

now i do

class MyObject
{

        signal NONE(NONE)
        mysignal(self)
        {
                g_object_unref(self);

        }

}

bad hack, i known but it's work fine with gob 2.0.4 and glib 2.0.6

> This is because the gobject signal code is referencing the object
> and you would otherwise get a crash in case an unref would happen in the
> signal handler. I may not be understanding exactly what you mean though ...
>
> Sorry about the late reply ... my inbox was full and I was also mostly on my
> vacations ... :)
>
> George

Best regards

--
BRUGUIER Nicolas <gandalfn_at_club-internet.fr>