ANNOUNCE: gob2 2.0.2 the "They turned off our water" release

From: George <jirka_at_5z.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:43:15 -0700

PFFFFFFFFT

I go to the sink and the water doesn't work. Hmmm. Ok I suppose it's time
for a new GOB2 release then. Well here it is then. Mostly fixes of things
that people found when using 2.0.1. There are no new features though I have
some in mind so those shall be forthcoming.

So what is this gob thing? Well besides being the cure for cancer, it also
generates GObjects (or GTK+ objects). GOB2 is a replacement for the version
1 GOB, that was for GTK+ 1.x mostly. GOB2 can handle pretty much most of
the GObject features. At least most of the ones that anyone will ever use.
It only requires GLib 2.0 and can generate arbitrary GObjects. You can have
both versions installed at the same time if you wish, so that you don't have
to port all your gob files to gob2 for now, but you really should as gob2 is
nicer and all that kind of stuff.

Here are the news in 2.0.2 (gob2):

        * Properly link BOXED type
        * unref/unrefwith works now since shtdown changed into dispose
        * Update documentation
        * man page escapes all ' chars (fix debian bug 155577)
        * Further tests in test.gob

ftp://ftp.5z.com/pub/gob/
ftp://ftp.5z.com/pub/gob/RPMS/ (rpms not yet available for 2.0.2)
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/2.0.1/sources/gob2/
http://www.5z.com/jirka/gob.html

Have fun,

George

--
George <jirka_at_5z.com>
   Man will occasionally stumble over the truth,