ANNOUNCE: GOB (GTK+ object builder) 0.93.5 released

From: George <jirka_at_5z.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 22:56:34 -0700

What is GOB:

Very simple preprocessor for making GTK+ objects with inline C code so that
generated files are not edited. Syntax is inspired by Java and yacc or lex.
The implementation is intentionally kept simple, and no C code parsing is
done. Besides that, it's really cool and you should use it and stuff.

Well, I was wrong. 1.0 is not out yet. A few things turned up that I needed
to change and thus I'm releasing a 0.93.5 and if there are no problems with
the new changes a 1.0 release will follow. Take note of the last change,
what happens there is that if you prepend an underscore to a method name, it
will be prepended to the short name, but not to the long name. This is for
avoiding conflicts if the short name is the same as some routine in a library
you are using. The long name will stay the same. So for My:Object method
foo will generate a short name of 'foo' and a long name of 'my_object_foo'.
If you prepend an underscore, the method name '_foo' will generate a short
name of '_foo' and a long name of 'my_object_foo'. Thus the underscore is
removed from the long version. It should not effect 99.9% of code out there.

What's new in 0.93.5:

        * destructors run after destroy, not before finalize,
        * zero out data after destruction
        * added Self typedef to complement the SELF macros
        * initial underscore removal from full names, to help to avoid
          name conflicts

Where to get it:

        * http://www.5z.com/jirka/gob.html
        * ftp://ftp.5z.com/pub/gob/ (tarballs)
        * ftp://ftp.5z.com/pub/gob/RPM/ (redhat packages)
        * ftp://ftp.5z.com/pub/gob/DEB/ (debian packages)

There is also discussion mailing for gob, to subscribe send mail to
minimalist_at_5z.com with the subject of "subscribe gob-list".

George

--
George <jirka_at_5z.com>
   If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.