Re: [genius-list] new (still broken) engine

From: <outlyer_at_stampede.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 10:51:02 -0400

On Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 02:23:10AM -0400, Squeak wrote:
> I actually have trouble with the cvs stuff generating files,
> me and my stupid broken install of automake probably, do
> I need to do anything special to get autogen.sh to run?
> I basically get lots of gnome macro and automake macros
> not found. I have automake installed, no gnome. Any hints?

The most common problem is when .m4 files are installed into the
wrong /share/ directory. They should all be in /usr/share/aclocal. If
you install gnome to somewhere other than /usr, you might have this
problem. Look for gnome.m4, gtk.m4, make sure they are in /usr/share/aclocal
and make a symlink from wherever you found them to make sure that the
problem doesn't repeat itself.

Good luck,

Aubin

--
The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man
understands what will sell. -- Confucius